By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, August 9, 2013

What Is Your Dream?


“In today’s information age of Marketing and Web 2.0, a company’s website is the key to their entire business.”
~ Marcus Sheridan

When I was a kid, Faith Hill was one of my favorite signers. She has this song (I Can't Do That Anymore) where she talks about how she use to dream about what she be, but now she dreams about the washing machine. So last night when I dreamt about my author website, that’s the first thing that I thought of when I woke up. Granted, there are some major differences. For starters, my husband is amazing, not some tyrant that rules my life – but then I’m also living my dream – and dreaming about different aspects of it – vs. washing machines.

So while it’s not the same, the fact is that whatever we spend our time and thoughts on during the day, often effects what we dream about overnight. I had spent all day yesterday uploading new webpages and creating content for the website, so I really wasn't surprised – but I’d much rather dream about something that I don’t do all day. Something much less workish.

The point of this entry? It isn't to tell you that you need to work on your website until you dream about, but websites are important. And after the original design and set up, they don’t require too much work to maintain them. So put the effort in and get yours up and running – the dreams shouldn't last too long, but it will help your author dreams come true.

Marketing prompt:


Spend today working on your author website. Is there anything you need to add, update, or change? If not, simply add a blog post about your dreams.



1 comment:

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.