By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Writing Life

Wow, can you believe that it's been almost two weeks since I've written a blog post?! Up until this point I've blogged daily all year long - although I think I missed a few days in late June and mid July. I've come to the conclusion that summer is just hard. Besides the fact that we moved at the beginning of the summer, the kids are home from school, and I've been working on 4 websites - yes, 4. Two of them are in full swing:

TrainingAuthors.com -s a website Shelley Hitz and I have put together for authors. We've been working together at Self-Publishing-Coach.com for years, and we've decided to re-brand it to include both of us and make it easier to help authors at the same time. I'd love it if you'd hop on over and check that out.

BooklyBooks.com spurred off of a newsletter that I started in December to help connect our author following with readers. Shelley wanted to make it even better and thus, the website was born. If you like to read, you'll definitely want to check that out. We promote books of virtually every genre and help readers find books for less.

I'm also working on revamping my author website. You can check it out at: AuthorsHart.com - just note that it is still under construction.

The last website I'm working on is actually a ministry project. My husband is working with a group of other guys to create a ministry for teen guys and I'm putting together the website for them. We're hoping to launch it in Mid-September.

All of this to say, I've been busy. Part of me feels like a failure because I've missed more than one self-imposed deadline. Yet when I look at all I've done and am doing, I know that I just need to keep plodding ahead and getting done what I can when I can. After all, it's far more important to do what you can than to stress over what you can't and accomplish nothing.

I'll be back to my A Year of Book Marketing posts tomorrow.  For today, I'd love to hear what you've been up to lately.

3 comments:

  1. In this collection of short essays, Annie Dillard—the author of Pilgrim at Tinker Creek and An American Childhood—illuminates the dedication, absurdity, and daring that characterize the existence of a writer.Great!! keep up the good work!! lets stay in touch!
    marketing write for us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice story.... I follow this rule in future....
    startups stories

    ReplyDelete

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.