By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Do Whatever It Takes

Day 217


“It’s interesting to me that the things that are the most difficult for us yield the greatest rewards.”
~ Cynthia Morris

© Djma | Dreamstime Stock Photos
Stock Free Images
Book marketing isn't always fun, sometime it seems like work. I’m a big advocate for making it fun, but there are always those tasks that you know you have to do even if they don’t make you want to sing and dance. Social media is that way for me. It’s work – plain and simple. I’m just not one of those people that can spend all day on Facebook or Twitter, but I know that those places help me connect with my readers and spread my message in a powerful way – so I suck it up and make the effort.

If you read part one of this book,  you might remember that speaking isn't my strong suit – but after several events I’m finally to the point where I can get through a presentation without hyperventilating – I even speak slow enough so that people can understand me now (impressive, I know). I’m still not going to win any awards for my speaking abilities, and it’s most certainly not my favorite thing to do, but it has helped me increase my book sales.

The point in all of this?

You can make marketing fun, but don’t forget to broaden your horizons and buckle down and do things that you know you need to do to sell books too.

Marketing prompt:


Pick something in your niche or a general topic that you are passionate about and enjoy discussing or writing about. Consider putting together a presentation or speech about it that is evergreen and you can use whenever booking speaking engagements. – Add something about it to your website and maybe even put together a video for YouTube.


Days to go: 148

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.