By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

What Are You Paying For?

Day 184


“Advertising is the price of being boring.”
~ Andy Sernovitz

I read through Andy Sernovitz’ book “Word of Mouth Marketing” earlier this year, and I have to say that while I don't agree with everything that he says, he does have a lot of good points. Today’s quote is one of those questionable things for me. A lot of energetic and “non-boring” companies advertise. Advertising can add spice to your brand. It can help you define your brand and spread your message. Granted, not every meal needs spice, and not every book sale should depend on advertising either. Marketing is about more than advertising – it’s about connecting; connecting with readers, other authors, and key influencers in your niche.

Marketing prompt:


Gather some book reviews or testimonials to include on your website, sales page, or even the cover of the printed version of your book.


Days to go: 181

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.