By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, July 5, 2013

Hobbies vs. Jobs

Day 186


I have always believed that writing advertisements is the second most profitable form of writing. The first, of course, is ransom notes...
~ Philip Dusenberry

Earning a living off our book royalties is like every authors dream – but books don’t sell themselves. I often think of writing books as my hobby or favorite pastime. Yet marketing, that’s my job. Books in and of themselves will rarely make you a dime, the real money comes from marketing them. That’s what brings in the book sales.

Marketing prompt:


Compile a list of media distribution sites and outlets that you will use for book promotion. This will save you both time and money. Don’t forget to include blogs and other author contacts that have hosted or interviewed you previously.


Days to go: 179

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.