By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Take It From Emerson

Day 168


“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have books that I have already written and published, and I have books that are coming out later this year, but it’s important to remember that I am not defined by my books – and neither are you. Yes, we are authors. We spend a lot of time writing and marketing our books, but our books don’t make us who we are. We make our books what they are.

Each of our books holds a small piece of who we are. We put a little of ourselves into each of them, and a lot of ourselves into marketing them, but they aren't who we are. We created them; we make them what they are. We shape them and mold them, and of course they hold a place in our hearts, but sometimes it’s important to step back and realize that there is more to life than books.

Marketing prompt:


Write a blog post about your life outside of writing.

Days to go: 197

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.