By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Interesting or Invisible


Day 159


“Be interesting, or be invisible.”
~ Andy Sernovitz

The shear amount of content on the internet today is crazy, and when you factor in that a ton of new content is added every single day, it’s enough to blow your mind. Yet people keep adding more and more content – some of that content is well worth the space it takes up, other content… not so much. As an author, it’s important that the content you’re offering is worth both the space it takes up, and the time it takes to read it.
Like it or not, we are judged by each and every word we place on the internet. If you misspell a word, you better believe that somebody will catch it. If you’re having a bad day and decide to write a rant, it’s there for the whole world to see. While I find writing therapeutic, I've learned that just because I write it doesn't mean I have to make it public. I've written a blog post just to delete it once I've finished. It was more for me than my following and I didn't want to waste their time (or my good name) by sharing it.

Learning the difference between quality material and random thoughts is extremely valuable in the world of book marketing.

Marketing prompt:


Write a FAQ page for your blog or website.

Days to go: 206

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.