By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Help Them SEE It


Day 158


“Video is just one part of a marketing plan. It fits certain messages and people better than others.”
~ Steve Garfield

We live in a visual world. It’s true. This generation would rather veg. out in front of the T.V. than read a book. They want to be entertained without working at it. What better way to draw them in, than using video? It’s also important to remember that videos go viral a lot more often the blog posts. They’re generally easy to watch and share. Creating a video is easy. The first video’s I made were with the free software that came on my computer, but you can also use a webcam (or digital camera) to record a video of yourself to upload as well.

Marketing prompt:


Create a YouTube video about your book or you as an author. This can be something simple like a vlog, or something more techy like a full blown book trailer.

Days to go: 207

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.