By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Don't Hold Yourself Back

Day 179


“It’s not who you think you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not.”
~Unknown

I don't know who the above quote is by, but there is definitely truth to it. You don't have to be the top expert in your field to write a book, and you don't have to be a marketing guru to get people to read it. It took me a long time to learn that lesson. I thought all sorts of book ideas and then matched authors to them. I'd think – oh, so and so should write that book, not me. Have you ever been there?

There are enough marketing activities that it’s easy to allow ourselves not to take part in ones we don’t think are right for us – but sometimes those limitations are set for the wrong reasons. You can do anything you put your mind to, so don't skip something just because you don’t think you can do it.

Marketing prompt:


Earlier in this book, I recommended making a list of things that you knew you didn't want to try to market your book. Glance back at that list if you still have it. Is there anything on there that you haven't tried simply because you didn’t think you would be good at it? Consider giving one of them a shot just to say that you tried.


Days to go: 186

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.