By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Losing Sight


Day 113


“Hold fast to dreams. For if dreams die. Life is a broken–winged bird. That cannot fly.”
~ James Langston Hughes

Sometimes as authors we lose perspective. I do on occasion. It seems like instead of writing because I love it, I’m writing to reach a deadline. Instead of marketing to get my book into the hands of readers, I’m marketing to pay the bills. My dreams fall by the weigh side and I’m no longer living them. Life is no longer a dream come true, but it’s like I’m stuck on a hamster wheel. I might as well be back working at the late shift at Pizza Hut. Can you relate to that?

It’s important to remind ourselves of why we started writing and marketing in the first place. It’s important to remember why we enjoyed it, because without remembering our dream, it can quickly spiral into a nightmare.

Marketing prompt:


Write a blog post about why you started writing or how you got into the writing business.

Days to go: 252



No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.