By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

What's Your Job?


Day 69


“When I say work I only mean writing. Everything else is just odd jobs.”
~ Margaret Laurence

Ms. Laurence and I disagree on this point. To her, work is writing - writing is work. For me, work is marketing – writing is just my hobby. No matter which side of the bridge you fall on, it’s important that both get done. Without writing, we have nothing to market. Without marketing, our writing will never sell.

But just because it’s work, doesn’t mean it can’t be fun. I’m sure Ms. Laurence enjoys writing. I don’t know many authors who don’t. And I thoroughly enjoy book marketing. Yet to make a living as an author, writing and marketing must be done – no matter how much or how little you enjoy them. And no matter what you define them as.

Marketing prompt:


Find a website, blog or even radio station that does author interviews and contact them to see if they can interview you on their site/show.

Days to go: 296





No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.