By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Defensive Marketing


“To defend what you’ve written is a sign that you are alive.”
~ William Zinsser, WD

I don’t know if you’ve ever gotten a bad review for your book, but they do happen. It can be tempting to want to respond to the review and defend yourself and your work – but that’s usually not a good idea. On the flip side, all of book marketing should be considered defending your book. Why is your book worth reading?

If someone said that your book wasn’t as valuable as another book in your niche, or the writing style was different then so and so’s. How would you defend your book?

What would you say to them?

How would you respond?

Marketing prompt:


Write a blog post telling people why your book is worth reading. Defend it against unknown rebuttals if possible.

Days to go: 328 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.