By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, January 25, 2013

Google Power!


“Search, a marketing method that didn’t exist a decade ago, provides the most efficient and inexpensive way for businesses to find leads.”
~ John Battelle

Google is an amazing tool. You probably use it daily for one reason or another, but have you harnessed its marketing power? Besides using it for research, it can also be used for networking, and even managing your author brand. You can keep up with book reviews that readers post about your book, or get updates about what’s going on in your niche for blog post ideas.

My absolute favorite part of Google is their Google alerts. They save me time because I can type in my search term and then they send me the responses they pull up to my e-mail as often as I want. Of course, using the regular search is helpful as well when I’m looking up something specific that I’ll only want the results to right away, but having alerts for book reviews and current news is a time saver and great for marketing. 

Marketing prompt:

Set up a Google alert for your name, book title, or another key word in your niche, and continue working on your current marketing campaign.

Days to go: 340

P.S. My birthday giveaway is open until January 29th, so if you haven't already entered, make sure you check it out: http://authorheatherhart.blogspot.com/2013/01/Birthday-Giveaway.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.