By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day #29


Before we start, I wanted to issue a couple of reminders:

And today's marketing message is...


“Your goals should be low enough to hit, and high enough to matter!”
~ John Locke

One of my biggest faults as a marketer (and a human in general) has always been setting my goals too high or too low. I give myself 1 week to finish a major project, or expect no results from a marketing tactic and have it turn out to triple my sales (imagine what would have happened if I would have actually put effort into it?!). Setting realistic goals is extremely important in book marketing. They help you to continue striving to be better, but if used wrongly, or set unreachably, they can end up doing more harm than good.
If you poke around online, you’ll hear people refer to setting S.M.A.R.T. goals. That stands for: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely. I think that’s amazing advice. Make smart goals, and then set out to make your dreams come true.

Marketing prompt:


John Locke’s quote is one that I have to constantly remind myself of, if you’re setting goals for your marketing (which you should be) keep his words in mind and make sure your goals are S.M.A.R.T.

Days to go: 336

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.