By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Day #21


The kind of marketing that will get done is, for the most part, the kind that’s enjoyable.
~Lisa Velthouse

What’s your favorite part of book marketing? Obviously most of us are pretty fond of writing, but I’d have to say that my favorite part of marketing is designing a book cover. I’m not a graphic designer (though I happen to be married to one), so I play around with it for a while and then seek out a professional opinion. There’s just something about defining my words with a graphic that I enjoy.

But what about you? What’s your favorite part of marketing your book? Is it connecting with readers, reading other books, diagramming characters, or just sitting down to let words flow from you?

Marketing prompt:

Today is day 21 of our year of book marketing challenge – that means if you've been keeping up, you should have formed a habit out of marketing your book.  First off, let me say congratulations, and then I want to encourage you to spend some time today just enjoying your favorite part of book marketing. Whether that’s designing a cover for an upcoming book, actually writing a book, or networking – do what you love.

Days to go: 344


No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.