By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Connections


“To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard.”
~Allen Ginsberg, WD

One common mistake I see from authors, is shouting so loud about their book, that everyone ignores them. To gain your marketing voice, stop thinking in terms of dollars, and start thinking about connecting with readers. If you want them to buy your book, you first have to stop thinking about sales, and start thinking about relationships. Learn who your readers are, what they like, what they’re going through – build connections.

Marketing prompt:

Connect directly with some of your readers today. This could be done by e-mail, responding to a Facebook status or Tweet - preferably something unrelated to your book. Even something simple to let your readers know you are a real person.

Days to go: 355

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.