By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, June 18, 2012

To Do Lists

I love to do lists.

They totally work for keeping me productive and on task, however when I have over a dozen things on my list it can get overwhelming. Thus, I have started prioritizing my list by breaking it down into sections. "This Week" "This Month" and "General" are my three categories. I can work on all of the simultaneously, however I can at least make sure I finish my weekly tasks before the week is over, and don't sweat not getting the other ones completely finished.

To break it down even further, I have a daily schedule with set times for each task. Even though my work time is all lumped into one time block, I often (though not daily like I should) use Productivity Coach Software that allows me to keep track of how much time I have to spend on each task to get everything done each day that I need to. It helps me be productive by managing my time well and making sure that I work on everything I need to, but it also helps me realize where my time has gone and exactly how productive I have been.

Here's a picture of my to do list from last week so you can get a better idea of what I mean:


To do lists are probably one of my favorite author tools, and I can't imagine ever being successful without them - because honestly, I've tried and it didn't workout so well for me...

What about you? What is your favorite author tool? Leave a comment and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.