By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Author's ADD


Do you ever suffer from the author's version of ADD?

I sure do!

I have at least 7 different projects in the works right now. I manage 3 non-related blogs, so that's 7 posts per week that I write, that don't really go together at all. Plus the books that I'm writing (and the ever growing list of books that I want to write), I jump from project to project working on them all randomly but rarely finishing anything. It truly is author ADD... maybe even writer's ADHD. So I just wanted to check to see if I was the only one.

Do you jump from project to project, working on millions of things at the same time. Or are you diligent in finishing what you start?

This morning I was working on a book proposal, came up with ideas for 2 new books, and the book proposal that I was trying to write, turned into something completely different then what I was going for. I really like both ideas, so I'm going to pitch them both, but that's just one more book on my plate.

Author's ADD - it might just be worse than writer's block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.