By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Expand Your Reach




You've heard of the "Great Commission," right? After Jesus was ressurrected from the dead, and just before He ascended into heaven, He gave what we know as the "Great Commission." He commanded us to go into all of the world and share the good news of what He had done. Have you done that? Have you traveled the world preaching the good news to all creation? Probably not. Many of us would say that we aren't called to be missionaries, yet others would be quick to add that the "Great Commission" applies to us all. 

Take me for example, it is completely unreasonable to suggest that I go to Lebanon to share what Christ has done with the Muslims there. Even though my husbands parents were missionaries there, and he was actually born there, it would be pretty much impossible for us to go there now. You see, we have 4 small children, and the cost of getting there just isn't practical for us. If I had to hazard a guess, I would say that there are lots of Christians that can relate to that. Which is what prompted this post. 

There is another way.

While I have never personally been outside of the connected United States of America, God has used me to touch the lives of people in Australia, Africa, Europe, and other countries. How? Through my writing ministry. And He can do the same with you. 

Christian author and speaker, Shelley Hitz, recently gave a seminar about self publishing books at Grace Christian Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan. I had the privilege of watching the video recording of the conference and all I can say is WOW! 

She pointed out that 80% of people say that they want to write a book someday, and then she went on to equip people to make that day today. The best part is that she did it all with Christ in mind. Suggesting that people pray about what God would want them to say in a book, and how they could use it to bring Him glory, because publishing a book allows you to go places that you would never be able to reach otherwise.  

Obviously, you don't have to go to a seminar to self publish a book, but I learned so much about self publishing through watching Shelley's seminar that I wanted to let you know about it. If you have ever said, "I want to write a book someday." I encourage you to check out Shelley's website, Self-Publishing-Coach.com (she has tons of free resources available there), download her eBook, Self Publishing Books 101, for free (or purchase a paperback copy from Amazon.com) and/or signing up to get your own copy of her latest seminar that was created with Christian authors in mind


Reaching the world for Christ through writing is my passion. It might not be yours, but I encourage you today to seek out creative ways that God might be calling you to preach the good news to all creation.





I'm linking up with Word-Filled Wednesday over at Internet Cafe Devotions. 
Check it out for more Word-Filled posts by visiting: http://internetcafedevotions.com/

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links...I will definitely check her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a note, Alida.

      Delete

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.