By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Online Writing Challenges:

There are several places online where you can find writing prompts, challenges, or practices. Here is  a short list of some of them:

Daily:
The Write Practice:
They have a daily writing practice. Sometimes it's a prompt, others it's an exercise, it just depends on the day, but they are totally worth it.


Weekly:
Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop:
You know how some movies are defined as chick flicks? Yeah, this would be a chick flick for writers. Each Monday five prompts are sent out, and each Thursday there is a link up.

The II Writing Challenge:
This is a weekly challenge hosted at IndieInk. When you sign up, you submit a prompt, and then they randomly pair you up with another participant, and you respond to each other's prompts. I've never tried this, but it could be fun.

Weekly Writing Assignment:
Well, that's pretty self explanatory I think... Each week there is a new assignment.

Writing to Inspire:
Another weekly prompt, this one is issued on Tuesdays.


Yearly:
NaNoWriMo:
30 days of literary abandon that occurs every November. The challenge is to write 50,000 words in 30 days (or less). That averages out to 1667 words per day.

Write Nonfiction in November:
I actually just found out about this. It would be a pleasant November alternative for those of us who don't normally write fiction.


Other:
Writing Exercises:
Okay, I admit, I can't really find out how frequently she updates the lesson, but it looks like it might be monthly... They seem to range from describing a photo, to creating a comic relief piece from a prompt.

Again, I can't tell how often they update their challenges. The current one ends June 29th... 



Do you have a favorite writing challenge that you enjoy? I'd love to hear about it and watch this list grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.