By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Bringing Up Books

Day 172


“If writing and publishing a book is like giving birth to a child, 
then book marketing is like rearing it.”
~Heather Hart

I don’t know if you have kids, but I have 4... I can say with confidence that giving birth was the easy part. Just like writing my books. Yes, they all took lots of time, effort, and, well, work. But compared to the time, effort and stress that I've put into rearing them, well, the writing/ editing/ publishing process was nothing. Just like with parenting, book marketing is never ending. It takes patience and persistence – and a lot of love.

Marketing prompt:


Consider publishing your book in an additional platform. If you already have it published on Kindle and in paperback, why not consider Smashwords, or even directly publishing to Nook or the iBook store?


Days to go: 193

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.