By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Be Picky


Day 124


There is no ‘one–size–fits–all’ way to build an audience.
~ Stuart Mills

I've said it before, and I’ll say it again, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all marketing plan. What works for me and my book, might not work for you and your book. While it’s always a good idea to pay attention to what other authors are doing, it’s not such a good idea to imitate them.

I read a blog post where the author said she lives by the rule of monitoring the world of book marketing as a whole, and then choosing the strategies that she’s most comfortable with. You don’t have to be a public speaker. You don’t have to blog. You don’t have to do anything. You can pick and choose what works for you.

Marketing prompt:


Evaluate your marketing plan to make sure it’s really what you want to be doing. Change a few things up if you need to.

Days to go: 241

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.