Saturday, May 4, 2013

Be Picky


Day 124


There is no ‘one–size–fits–all’ way to build an audience.
~ Stuart Mills

I've said it before, and I’ll say it again, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all marketing plan. What works for me and my book, might not work for you and your book. While it’s always a good idea to pay attention to what other authors are doing, it’s not such a good idea to imitate them.

I read a blog post where the author said she lives by the rule of monitoring the world of book marketing as a whole, and then choosing the strategies that she’s most comfortable with. You don’t have to be a public speaker. You don’t have to blog. You don’t have to do anything. You can pick and choose what works for you.

Marketing prompt:


Evaluate your marketing plan to make sure it’s really what you want to be doing. Change a few things up if you need to.

Days to go: 241

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.