By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Keep Chuggin'


Day 78


“Keep chuggin’ along until you get it right.”
~ Jada

Have you ever gotten not so nice feedback about your book? Negative remarks are probably one of the worst parts of being an author. But do you know what? They are opportunities to better you and your work. Negative reviews and comments have taught me to be nicer in the reviews that I leave and comments that I send to other people. No one is perfect. Not you, not me, not Steven King. We all make mistakes. We all get negative reviews. Some people will like our work, others won’t. Some of our books may be bestsellers, while others turn out to be complete flops. Individual reviews aren't what matters, it’s what you do with the information you’re given that counts.

Marketing prompt:


Consider the reviews you've gotten and see if there is anything you can learn from them. Do you need to re-edit your book or do an extra read through before publishing your next one? Maybe you just need to make your books description more clear. Instead of looking at these as painful jabs, see them as learning opportunities.

Days to go: 287



Like the blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.