By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

1 Month Down, 11 to Go


Today is the last day of January. That means that those of us who started the book marketing challenge on January 1st are at the end of our first month. Way to go! 

It also means that today is the last day to enter to win books during my book launch celebration! You can enter to win at: http://authorheatherhart.blogspot.com/p/book-marketing.html

“Building a following on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs isn’t for everyone.”
~ J. Steve Miller

The online world will scream at you that it is impossible to market your book successfully without social media. But that’s not true. Social media is a great tool, and I highly encourage authors to at least try it, but it isn’t for everyone. Similarly, public speaking isn’t for everyone either. I have had someone tell me that I can’t sell books without booking speaking engagements – but I do. I am not a public speaker (you’re reading this book anyway). Every aspect of book marketing is optional. If something doesn’t work for you, don’t stress over it – no matter what anyone else says. Find out what does work for you and stick to it. There’s no point in wasting time and energy on something that you don’t enjoy or are not successful at.

Marketing prompt:


What things are listed under your “tried but didn’t work” section? Start a separate list of things that you haven’t tried, but also know you aren’t interested in. You can always move things from that list later if you decide to try them, but you might as well try the things you want to try first.

Days to go: 334

Tune back in tomorrow for the book launch winners and a special announcement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.