By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Focus Group


Last week I decided to create a focus group for my current book project. I want it to be the best that it can be, so I want feedback from other Christians. My main concern in doing this is that, because this is a book about my faith, I don't want it to become a theological debate. While I value input from other Christians and want it to be as accurate as possible, I don't want to be debating doctrine. Thus, I'm keeping it a small group of people. That being said, I would still like to add a few more people to it - preferably people that I don't personally know. So I am extending an invitation to my followers. I can't allow anyone who asks to become involved, but if you are interested, I would love to see if our beliefs are the same so that I can add you to my focus group. The easiest way for me to do this, is simply to share my belief statement here and if you agree with it, you can send me an e-mail at authorassistant (at) hotmail (dot) com. 

I believe:
  • The Holy Scriptures are the True Word of God, and are important in all of life. I believe that the Bible is correct, and that if it says something is wrong then it is wrong. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 19:7, Galatians 1:8, and Romans 15:4)
  • Because I believe the Holy Scriptures, I believe in the Trinity. That there is only one God eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1: 26-27, Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19-20, John 14:7, and Galatians 4:4-6)
  • I believe that all have sinned and are in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23, Romans 5:11-13, Hebrews 9:22, and 1 John 1:8-10)
  • I believe that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone. (Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Romans 6:23, and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4)
  • I believe that as a Christian God continues to work in me. (Philippians 1:6 and Hebrews 12)
  • I believe that we are to encourage one another, and treat each other respectfully. Not gossiping or arguing, but controlling our tongues. (Ephesians 4:29, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Proverbs 20:19, 1 Timothy 6:20, 2 Corinthians 12:20, James 1:26, and James 3:1-12)
  • I do believe that there are some issues that Christians are allowed to disagree on. On these issues we are to refer to Romans 12. However, there are many issues that I believe that we are not allowed to disagree on. The Bible makes certain things clear, and I can not compromise on those things.
  • I believe that we are to uphold the moral law of God. (Exodus 20:3-17 and Acts 15:28-29)
  • I do not believe that it is okay to distort Scripture to please human motives. (2 Peter 3:16)
  • I do not believe that it is okay to use Salvation as a sin license. (Jude 4)
  • I do not believe that immoral and/or impure people are saved. (Ephesians 5:3-5)
  • I believe that there is important balance of truth and grace. (John 1:17) Truth hates sin, grace loves sinners…
    • Truth without grace crushes people – judgmental legalism
    • Grace without truth deceives people – deceitful tolerance

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.