By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Accountable Writing

But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
~ Matthew 12:36-37

For a writer, the above verse is extremely powerful. It makes me think back to every comment I have posted in forums, and every piece of writing that I have put out for the world to see. You see, when we speak words carelessly, they impact those who listen. When we write words carelessly, they can be seen by millions of people, millions of miles away. I don't know who will read my blog tomorrow, or who might stumble upon something that I posted to a thread in an online community 5 years ago. Yet, I don't always put the proper amount of care into the words I pen. 

Jesus' words in Matthew (above) really stuck with me this week. Instead of going into great detail about the powerful implications of those words, I just want to ask you, do you write carelessly, or will you be ready on judgement day to give account for your words?




I'm linking up with Word-Filled Wednesday over at Internet Cafe Devotions. 
Check it out for more Word-Filled posts by visiting: http://internetcafedevotions.com/

1 comment:

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.