By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Life to the Fullest?

Book Credit
I'm sitting here at my desk looking at the back of a book that says "Life to the Fullest?" and I can't help but wonder, am I living my life to the fullest? The simple answer would be a resounding "YES!" I absolutely love my job and my family. But lately I have just been plain busy - too busy. I've got too much to do with too little time.

So what do I do?

I find more to do.

I received not 1 but 4 books in the mail this week. Most of them are for reference/research for books that I'm working on. It's funny how little things that start out joyous, like receiving new books, can end up being the straw that breaks the camels back so to speak. When I started thinking about how I would fit reading them into my schedule I almost panicked. It was at that moment that the weight of everything that I have to do really sunk in.

My main problem isn't that I took on too much, it's that this has been a month of vacationing for me. After spending just over a week on spring break, my mom was in town for a visit just 3 short days after we got home. She left today, but I haven't even finished unpacking from our trip yet. *Deep sigh* I'll get caught up eventually, it's just amazing how fast the weight of everything catches up with a person.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that if you really are living life to the fullest, your bound to be overfull at some point in time too.

After all, as I said at the beginning, my life really is full. I have my dream job, I'm married to my dream man, and we have wonderful children. We were able to spend most of this month so far with family and celebrating the Resurrection of our Lord. AND I got a new plant for my office (and it's incredibly fragrant!) As an author I have another book about to be published, as a freelancer my career is really taking off, and I couldn't ask for a better family. Yes, my life is definitely full, it's just that sometimes it's too full.

But enough of that! Do you wanna see my books?

A Gospel Primer for Christians by Milton Vincent
Write His Answer by Marlene Bagnull
Uprooting Anger by Robert D. Jones
and Bringing up Girls by Dr. James Dobson
Obviously I haven't read them yet, so I can't tell you if I would recommend them or not, but 3 of the 4 came highly recommended to me by others so I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.