By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Writing Priorities

You know, there are just times when you have too much work to do. Sometimes it's because you have bitten off more than you can chew, and other times it's because you aren't prioritizing correctly. Sadly, I haven't been prioritizing correctly, and I'm now paying the price. I have less than a week and a half to finish multiple projects. Is it doable? Yes, but only if I shape up!

It seems that I have been busy chasing my own tail, waiting until things are urgent before buckling down to do them. Wouldn't it be much more productive to do the important things then the pressing things? Well, of course, but I just haven't been thinking that way. I've been looking at my to do list thinking, "Well, that doesn't HAVE to be done until Saturday." or "I COULD wait until tomorrow to do that..." and where has it gotten me, behind! I have a lot of things that don't HAVE to be done until the 24th, however, I couldn't possibly finish them all ON that day. There's too many!

So here's my question for you: What do you do when you realize that you have been procrastinating or haven't been prioritizing correctly?

What keeps you on top of the game, instead of playing catch up?

How do you keep from doing the urgent, by doing the important?

Technically, I know all of the right answers, I just don't like to listen to myself. Plus, I'd just love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, I am NOT the person to ask. I do the same thing you're describing. :(

    ReplyDelete

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.