By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Word of the Week: Very

This week's word of the week is "very" as in greatly; i.e., That was very good.

Very is one of those words that writers tend to use very often. However, there are so many other options. Here's a list:

Greatly
Awfully
Acutely
Intensely
Almighty
Drastically
Over
Immensely
Quite
Exceedingly
Utterly

The possibilities go on and on and on...

This week, I challenge you to avoid using the word "very" in your writing. I'd love to hear about the alternatives that you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.