By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Keep On Keeping On


Day 126


“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
~ Thomas A. Edison


Have you ever been ready to quit something, but only continued because you’d put too much effort into it or already told someone else that you would do it? I've been there. When it seems like quitting would be easier. Thomas Edison said it best though, we’ll never know just how close we were to success if we give up. Giving up shouldn't be an option. If you start – finish it.

I’m reminded of a story Jeff Goins once shared on his blog. He was at a speaking engagement and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. If I remember correctly, it was his first speaking engagement. He pushed through it and went out to the car and called a friend of his to tell him just how bad it went. His friend (also a public speaker), said that was normal. Jeff didn't give up public speaking, he kept on keeping on. And if you don’t know who Jeff Goins is, I highly recommend checking out his blog at:  http://goinswriter.com/

Marketing prompt:


Search out author and book organizations in your niche that you can become a part of.

Days to go: 239




No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.