By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Faith Talk 101




My new book, "Faith Talk" is coming along great! I finally have a rough outline to share with you as well as the back of the book. Here it is:
We all fall short of being perfect, yet we all long to have true friends. A true friend is often defined as someone who tells you the truth, even when you don’t want to hear it. Well, I believe that the Bible is true – the written word of God, and I want to tell you about my faith – My hope is that despite your past experiences or presumptions, that you will at least take the time to listen. 
Rooted in 1 Thessalonians 2:8, “Faith Talk” covers why I believe you need to know about the Christian faith, giving details about what it is and how it effects those who believe it.  
 We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you

not only the gospel of God but our lives as well,

because you had become so dear to us.

~1 Thessalonians 2:8
Rough Outline:
*Keep in mind that this is a short book written for my siblings. I'm planning on using a small trim size and have it be more of a gift book then a big book about theology.

  • Introduction – A True Friend
  • Chapter 1 – The Truth of the Gospel
  • Chapter 2 – The Gospel Truth in My Life
  • Chapter 3 – The Gospel Challenge
  • Chapter 4 – The Gospel through the Bible
  • Afterward – True Friend Poem and Wrap-up
So what say you? Do you like it? Does it need work?






I'm linking up with Word-Filled Wednesday over at Internet Cafe Devotions. 
Check it out for more Word-Filled posts by visiting: http://internetcafedevotions.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.