By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Building Followers Pt. 2

Last Friday I blogged about building followers through blog hops and memes. While that is where I find 90% of my followers, there are other ways to build your following, so I wanted to cover that here. But, I do want to mention real quick that writing quality posts will not build your following, but it will keep it. You can have a fabulous site with zero followers, but I've never seen a site that had thousands of followers without good content. So keep that in mind, and then try one or more of the following ideas for building your following:

  1.  Revamp your sight for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
  2. Use Keywords
  3. Include a link to your blog in your e-mail signature
  4. Tweet your posts (as well as posting them to Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, etc.)
  5. Host giveaways
  6. Write articles or guest blog posts for other blogs and websites. 
  7. Join relevant groups and forums where you can link to your blog when relevant.
  8. Visit other blogs in your niche and leave comments that can be traced back to your blog.
  9. Put your blog URL on your business card. 
  10. Make a YouTube video that links back to your blog.
So there you have 10 more ways that you can build your following. But as I mentioned at the start of this post, don't forget that you can drive crazy amounts of traffic to your blog and still not build your following if you don't have good content. Here's a link to a post I wrote about blog content that you might find helpful: http://affiliates.self-publishing-coach.com/blogwebsite-content-tips/ ~Please note that that link will take you to a different blog.


What about you? Do you have any tips for building followers that you can share with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.