By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting...

It's funny how authors and freelance workers have to play the waiting game quite frequently. We're waiting to hear if our work was accepted, or if we got a gig. We wait for people to respond to e-mails or comment on something we've posted online. We just have to wait!

Learning to be patient while we wait, is a totally different thing though. I have to fight the urge to check my e-mail every 5 minutes to see if I've gotten a response, or watch out the window for the mail to come when I am expecting something to come. Waiting isn't always easy - but it is required.

I'm definitely learning that waiting can be a time waster. Do you have any idea how much work I could get done if I just stopped waiting. If I didn't check my e-mail every 5 minutes, I could probably write an entire book with the time that I saved in less than 2 months! That's a lot of time!

So, my question for you today is how do you keep yourself from wasting time while your waiting? Is it self-control that forces you to press onto your next project or task at hand, or do you have something that you do specifically while your waiting? Or, maybe your like me and you can just let me know that I'm not alone... Whatever your answer, I'd love to hear from you!

Well, actually I must admit that I have this software that helps to keep my on task, I just forget to turn it on... but it keeps me diligently working on one project at a time for x amount of time. I allow myself to check e-mail in between time segments and it works beautifully (when I activate it...) if your interested, you can learn more here.

But I'd still love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.