By using this site, you are agreeing to the use of cookies.
Read my privacy policy here.

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Game Plan

Having dreams is awesome, turning those dreams into goals is even better, taking those goals and making them become reality? That's priceless. 

But how do you do it? How do you take a dream and make it a reality?

By taking action and planning. Creating a game plan to get you from point A to point B and win the prize. It's funny how life is like that. I'm not a sports fanatic - at all - but sports just have such a great way of letting us visualize the realities of life. Before each game, the players spend tons of time learning the fundamentals, the rules, the plays and then practicing what they have learned. But even each individual practice has a game plan. The coach doesn't walk in saying, "Practice to your hearts content." No, he knows what they need to work on, and he has a plan to get them to where they need to be. Life is full of game plans.

If you want to reach a goal, you have to plan out how to get there.

A little over a week ago, I wrote a post about my new goals. I have been doing a lot of planning to see what is needed to actually complete those goals (with God's help), and I wanted to share what I have come up with. So here you have it, my game plan:

1 Year Goal: 
To establish my writing and formatting career and use it to glorify God.
  • Publish 1 book independently
  • Reach 100 followers on my blog and Facebook page
  • Finish my free devotional eBook for authors to give away to my followers here on my blog
  • Sign up for Aweber
5 Year Goal:
To be working from home along side my husband, doing what we love and serving our awesome God together.
  • Add my husbands cover design information to my blog/website
  • Buy my own domain name and set up an actual website
  • Publish a total of 4 books independently (not counting the ones for FindYourTrueBeauty.com)
Some of the steps to reach my 5 year goal will probably be completed this year, others might take a while. It's in God's hands. I just wanted to write them down so that I could look back on them and remember the journey God has taken us on.

What about you? Do you have a game plan to help you reach your goals? 

2 comments:

The main reason I write is to help other authors. I would love your feedback or suggestions for future posts or devotions. You can leave a public comment here, or use my contact form to send me a private message.